Friday, January 15, 2010

2009 recap-ish thing in music

Yeah, this is late, but it's some of my top most-listened to albums of the year for 2009. I posted some songs from the albums and links to some pretty good remixes and things of interest as well. :)

--------------------

Before I get to the albums. There are a few songs that I kept hearing over the last year that I can't listen to with complete enjoyment anymore because they got overloaded with meaning. Here are a few of those, some in remixed format:


The Killers - Human
(The Armin Van Buuren Club Remix)

Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
(The Glee Cast Version)

Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
(There's an interesting Bloc Party Cover of this song.)

Katy Perry - Hot and Cold (Yelle Remix)

Lady Gaga - Poker Face (Acoustic)

MGMT - Kids (This is James' song and it's the only one I'm going to explain.) His dad posted a tweet when James was born that says, "A baby is born crying out for attention." It's funny because some of our mutual friends saw his tweet and then freaked out because I didn't post first, but after 13 hours of labor I was kinda not really in the "post stuff" mindframe. I mostly stayed offline for days/weeks after James was born and I didn't really miss it much. This is an interesting cover: Weezer - Kids+PokerFace/ MGMT+LadyGaga (Live)

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (DJ Slink Remix)

Black Eyed Peas - I Got A Feeling (Barletta Edit)

Kimya Dawson - My Rollercoaster


Passion Pit - Sleepyhead

Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me


Amanda Blank - Shame on Me
(Chew Fu Festival Fix Mix)

----------------------------------

And now on to the albums.

1. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
This was my top most listened to album of the year. And all the remixes. Man. There wasn't a bad song on the whole album.

Fences (Friendly Fires Remix)
Fences
(Jongleur Remix)
1901 (Bo Flex + Passion Pit Remix)
Armistice (Yacht Remix)


2. Florence + The Machine - Lungs
This was another really full and solid album. I love her voice. I love the power and the cleanliness of it. And her lyrics. She sings like someone older than she is.

You've Got the Love (XX Cover)
Rabbit Heart (PEST Remix)


3. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest

Two Weeks (Fred Falke Extended Remix)
While You Wait For The Others



4. XX - XX

Infinity (Christian TV Bootleg Remix)
Shelter (Death To The Throne Remix)


5. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion

My Girls
(Mexicans with Guns Remix)
Summertime Clothes (Dam Funk Remix)


6. Passion Pit - Manners
PP did some really great remixes over the last year, but their album was also really great. :)

The Reeling

Little Secrets
(Felix Da Housecat Remix)
Sleepyhead (Starsmith Remix featuring Ellie Goulding)


7. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Bliss

Heads Will Roll
(Passion Pit Remix)
Zero
(RAC Remix)
Soft Shock
(Acoustic Version)


8. Miike Snow - Miike Snow

Animal
Silvia (Sinden Remix)


9. Metric - Fantasies

Gold Guns and Girls
Help, I'm Alive (The Twelves Remix)


10. Bat for Lashes - Two Suns

Daniel
Sleep Alone (Live Session Version)
Use Somebody
(Kings of Leon Cover)


11. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

Higher Than The Stars

Young Adult Friction

This Love Is Fucking Right


12. Fever Ray - Fever Ray

Seven (The Twelves Remix)
When I Grow Up (Bassnectar Remix)
If I Had a Heart
(Fuck Buttons Remix)


13. Little Boots - Hands

New In Town (Fred Falke remix)
Mathematics
Remedy (Kaskade Club Remix)


14. La Roux - La Roux

I'm Not Your Toy (Data Remix)
In For The Kill
(The Twelves Remix)
Bulletproof


15. Deadmau5 - For Lack of a Better Name

Moar Ghosts N Whatever
Not Exactly

I Remember (Deadmau5 + Kaskade - Caspa Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment