Friday, July 17, 2009

What's in a name?

I was never a hipster, but I went to hipster parties and shows, drank hipster beer, and I wore hipster-lite clothes. I was into American Apparel before alot of people. I was one of the first to buy a shirt from Threadless. I like bands that no one's ever heard of. I've totally made fun of people for their lack of taste in music or for not knowing who the "coolest band ever" was... even though that title was awarded to different new bands at random and often. I guess maybe I fit the hipster definition pretty well, even down to the denial part. What can you do?

Anyway, my life changed pretty dramatically when I discovered that I was pregnant, and even more so now that I have a delightful baby boy, but I still love the music and spreading the word about the next big thing. I love the fashion. I still love the feeling of finding out about a cool party and RSVPing and getting on the list. I love telling people about the cool stuff going on, especially the cool free stuff since some of us are working for two now.

This blog is going to be a mix of everything: from my thoughts and feelings on life and my kid and whatnot, to what I love musically, and cool things I find to do or get.

Here's what the Urban Dictionary says about Momsters. But I like the idea that maybe it's a hipster who grew up a little bit and became a mom. <3

1 comment: