Monday, July 27, 2009

20 questions about motherhood...

1. How old were you when your first child was born?
30

2. What month and year was your youngest child born?

April 2009

3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?

Horrified

4. Who did you tell first?

My sister.

5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy?

~40

6. What did you crave while you were pregnant?
Tacos, chicken wings, creme brulee, coke classic, macaroni and cheese, hamburgers, steak, odwalla super food (the green one), seaweed salad, chocolate pudding, human touch

7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not?
Yes. I needed to be able to at least try to plan and it helped me feel more connected and less scared of him.

8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
I had Costochondritis and Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy

9. How much did your first child weigh?

8lbs 1 oz.

10. Was your first child early, late, or on time?

Exactly on time, practically to the hour. 8:40am.

11. What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced?
So far, James is pretty much the healthiest and happiest kid I know about.

12. What's your favorite part of being a mom?

"Talking" with James. Seeing his face light up when he sees me.

13. Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad?

If you're a single mother like I am it looks a whole lot easier to be the dad.

14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child?
It's okay to be confused and to love so much you hurt. It's okay to not know who you are at first because you really won't recognize yourself in the mirror for a while. Get as much sleep as you can, take good care of yourself, and plan before the baby gets here because once the baby's here, there's just no time.

15. Did you always think you'd have kids?
Certainly not.

16. What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood?

When you think there's nothing left, but then there is. I had no idea I could do this or how, but somehow I just am. I can always find the energy somewhere to play with and take care of James even if I haven't slept in days.

17. Are there things you miss about life before kids?
I miss going out. I miss spontaneity. I miss the days when I spent hours trying to figure out what parties or shows I was going to every week. I miss sleeping.

18. How many children do you have?
One

19. Do you plan to have any more children?

No, but I didn't plan to have James until after he was already on his way. I think that every child needs a sibling, so there's a distinct possibility that I'll have another at some point.

20. Who's the mom that you admire most?

Yo mama. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment